Samsung Galaxy & Apple iPhone
Samsung Galaxy and Apple iPhone smartphones have come a long way; the question is which smartphone is the better? Consider the following results of analytics performed by PolyVista:
- The star rating score (STS) of Samsung Galaxy S7 (+68) is higher by 11 points in comparison to Apple iPhone 7 (+57) (Fig. 1 & Fig. 2 below show how STS is calculated).
- While the overall sentiment score (OSS) (Fig. 3) of Apple iPhone 7 (95) is higher by 3 points in comparison to Samsung Galaxy S7 (92). OSS is the percentage of positive statements made by consumers in their reviews of the respective product.
Galaxy S7 has a higher STS, while iPhone 7 has a higher OSS; the question: which smartphone is better? Continue reading to find the answer.
Fig. 1 - Apple iPhone 7 star rating score = 57>
Fig. 2 - Samsung Galaxy S7 star rating score = 68
Fig. 3 - iPhone 7 and Samsung galaxy S7 Sentiment score
Following is detailed result of sentiment analysis based on review text:
Galaxy S7 vs. Galaxy S6
Galaxy S7 (92%) shows an overall improvement of 6% over Galaxy S6 (86%)
Customer Experience –
the customer experience of Galaxy S7 (97%) is exceptional, it has outperformed Galaxy S6 (90%) by 7%
the features score of Galaxy S7 (94%) increased by 22% in comparison to Galaxy S6 (72%)
Galaxy S7 (78%) battery score is higher by 30% in comparison to Galaxy S6 (48%)
the score of Galaxy S7 (76%) screen declined by 10% in comparison to Galaxy S6 (86%)
Star Rating Score –
Galaxy S7 (68) Star Rating Score improved by 13 points in comparison to Galaxy S6 (53)
Summary: Galaxy S7 is an improved model when compared with Galaxy S6.
iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 6
the overall score of iPhone 7 (95%) is above iPhone 6 (91%) by 4%
the performance of iPhone 7 (87%) improved by 6% when compared to iPhone 6 (81%)
the battery of iPhone 7 (78%) is better by 9% in comparison to iPhone 6 (69%)
Star Rating Score –
iPhone 7 (57) Star Rating Score declined by 1 point in comparison to iPhone 6 (58)
Call Drop –
a small number of iPhone 7 users have reported “call drop” issues
Summary: while iPhone 7 has not been on the market long, the initial feedback indicates that it is superior to iPhone 6.
Galaxy S7 vs. iPhone 7
overall score of Galaxy S7 (92%) is lower by 3% when compared to iPhone 7 (95%)
the performance of Galaxy S7 (92%) is better by 5% when compared to iPhone 7 (87%)
the design of Galaxy S7 (95%) is 5% lower in comparison to iPhone 7 (100%)
the features of Galaxy S7 (94%) are 6% lower in comparison to iPhone 7 (100%)
the screen of Galaxy S7 (76%) is inferior by 21% in comparison to iPhone 7 (97%)
Future Purchase –
the future purchase of Galaxy S7 (98%) is better by 4% when compared to iPhone 7 (94%)
the sound of Galaxy S7 (88%) is better by 11% when compared to iPhone 7 (77%)
Star Rating Score –
the star rating score of Galaxy S7 (+68) is higher by 11 points in comparison to iPhone 7 (+57)
Bottom-line: the star rating score indicates that Galaxy S7 is in the lead; however topic level sentiment feedback indicates that iPhone 7 has a slight lead over Galaxy S7 in a neck-and-neck race.
Chevy Malibu, Toyota Camry, and Honda Accord: Comparison Analysis
Interactive PDF Samples Chevy Malibu, Toyota Camry, and Honda Accord: Comparison Analysis
With any online review, social media post, survey, etc., it’s clear that consumers have a message to share, but the burden is on the business to decipher the huge quantity of these messages. Take a look at some of these analysis reports to see just how easily car manufacturers could understand what their (and their competitors’) consumers are feeling and, most importantly, why they have those feelings. See how easily PolyVista’s interactive PDF (iPDF) reports uncover online consumer statements to deliver actionable information about sentiment and the entire customer experience (CX).
- Toyota Camry consumer sentiment is in steep decline.
- Malibu reviews indicate a 93% positive sentiment for future purchase, compared to 59% for Accord and 57% for Camry.
- Customers are disappointed by Malibu’s transmission performance (66% negative consumer sentiment), as compared to Camry (48% negative) and Accord (24% negative).
- Consumers rate Malibu’s CX 99% positively, versus Accord at 86% and Camry at 87%.
- Both the Accord and Camry garner 100% negative comments about their tires.